Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week #4 Roundup


This week my knee was killing me. It would hurt the day before my run, I would ice it the night before and on my training day my knee wouldn’t hurt. Then next day was a different story though. There would be a throbbing feeling and it was hard to walk. 

Looking for my Doctor’s recommendation for a physo, I can across my old physo’s cheat sheet he gave to me when I first started to have knee problems years ago. Then it all came back to me, how I was so happy with the taping experience. So for my long run on Sunday, I taped my knee. It didn’t hurt when I ran and it hasn’t hurt afterwards. Seems I am back to taping.
I also did the stretching he suggested and I have bought the toe spacers. I will starting using them on my first run of the week. Can’t tell you how happy I am that I am running without pain.
Also great news I have officially signed up for the Banque Scotia 21k on April 28th, 2013. So this it, it’s confirmed my first race in ages!

This week’s workout:
Day 1: Easy Run: 4 mi
Day 2: Tempo Run: 4 mi inc. warm & cool, 2 mi @8:42 (killed it)
Day 3: Long Run: 5 mi

No comments: