Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week #1 of Training Round Up

So I have completed my first week of training for my ½ marathon. Very proud of myself! I can say that, right? I can blow my own horn, right? Why not?

This time around my goals are to run injury free and get the nutrition part down as well. Why nutrition? The past races that I have trained for I noticed that I was always tired after my long runs, obviously I wasn’t getting the right food in my system to finish the workout and make me last throughout the day. Also, I have changed how I eat. I have decided to embrace the Paleo lifestyle and now I have to learn how to train and eat within the Paleo lifestyle. Noticed I didn’t say diet. I hate that word. For me it’s a life style change, something I am doing to make me feel better. I can preach how I have felt after I stopped eating gluten and diary but I am not a priest. It’s something I found that works for me if you want to try, you can do so. I learnt everything I know so far about Paleo from Robb Wolf .

Though Robb has explained Paleo well he doesn’t know how to make Paleo work for the endurance runner and that is why I am now reading: The Paleo Diet For Atheletes by Loren Cordian and Joe Friel. I am hoping that reading this I will be able to recover quickly and have the energy I need to complete my workouts. I will keep you posted.
This week’s workout:
Day 1: Easy Run Dist.: 3 mi
Day 2: Speedwork Dist.: 4 mi, 2x 1600 in 8:22 w/800 jogs (only did 1 ½ of the 2)
Day 3: Long Run Dist.: 4 mi 

Overall this week went well, hoping next speedwork I will be able to do all of it.

Kat

No comments: